TRR provides all boats, outfitting, safety gear, instruction, transportation, food and lodging for the participants and the volunteers through the generosity of their donors and the subsidies from their providers.
- Holds regular pool or open water sessions of approximately 2-3 hours each. Some sites offer multiple sessions per week;
- Has a quarterly local trip and twice a year family days;
- Encourages qualified paddlers from any site to participate in the national trips offered to Colorado, Idaho and the Caribbean.
At each event, a paddler gets a chance, in a safe environment, to:
- Get physical exercise outside the boredom of the hospital;
- Learn a potentially brand new skill, rather than struggle with a skill he used to be an expert at;
- Overcome emotional roadblocks left by post traumatic stress and traumatic brain injury;
- Practice basic cognitive sequencing by following small sets of instructions;
- Bring his family into a new recreational hobby;
- HAVE FUN.