- ABOUT US
- TRR IN ACTION!
- TRR Docs and Logos
- ADAPTIVE RESOURCES
- TRR STORE
- CONTACT US
If you'd like to receive our monthly e-mail with upcoming event details, write us! StLTRR@gmail.com
UPCOMING - See attached fliers (below) and our TRR St. Louis Calendar (link above) for upcoming events, which include:
• VA Pool Kayaking Sessions held every Tuesday, 8:30-10:30am, at the St Louis VA Medical Center (see location below)-- EXCEPT last Tues. of the month we go to Simpson Lake (see text below). We are so pleased with this collaboration and comply with VA pool rules. Call us before coming for the 1st time. Most of us share lunch afterwards (Dutch treat) at “Cafe Telegraph,” 2650 Telegraph Rd, St Louis, MO 63125, (314) 200-9952 (discount for TRR).
• Belleville YMCA – TRR Kayak Pool sessions are concluded for this spring. We hope to resume in September 2014. Stay posted.
• April 26-27, 2014 participate in MWA Beginner/ Intermediate White Water clinic. This can be your introduction to moving water or advanced instruction! Contact Tim if you need help with the registration fee. See flier attached below & http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/instruction?q=/instruction/clinic
• May 24, 25, 26, 2014 Swiftwater Rescue Training Class A.C.A. Level 4 & 5. Space Is Limited. To Reserve Your Space Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost $350 per person. TRR National will pay for four St. Louis Region TRR participants, who agree to help provide safety for future TRR paddling events. Contact Tim Pfeil if you want one of those spots. Saint Francis River.
PADDLING LAKES & RIVERS:
• We will paddle Simpson Lake last Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am (next date is 4/29/14). You must call or e-mail TRR the night before if you want TRR to bring a boat & gear for you. See "Launch Sites" above for directions.
• May 15-19, 2014, TRR St. Louis 2nd Annual Spring Paddlefest, north central Arkansas. See attached flier and http://www.teamriverrunner.org/?q=node/11887
• TRR will go to the St. Francis River as much as possible, water levels & weather dependent. Join our FaceBook page (link above) for short-notice announcements. The best white water in Missouri, is class II-III (or IV after big rain), and happens January - April. Prior experience paddling in Class II+ moving water required. TRR can help dress you for paddling in the cold.
• May 23-26th, 2014 travel with MWA Beginner white water trip to the southeast (SE), based out of the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC), NC. See details here, http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/uieforum?c=showthread&ThreadID=6515
• Monthly float-stream paddles with St. Louis Canoe & Kayak Club (SLCKC). The next will be 6/14/14, a Kid’s Float on Meramec River. See attached document (below) for details and link to TRR calendar (above).
• 7/14 (dates TBD), travel with MWA Beginner/Intermediate white water trip to Colorado, based out of Salida, CO.
• 8/10/14 TRR/MWA Flatwater Sprint Races at Simpson Lake. Flier posted below. Register here, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1P0i2Cp-syi2PDt5XlyN8GajjMFLWbZCWAVF9bSB...
• 9/24-28, 2014, Veterans Outdoor Adventures (VOA), Trout Lodge, Potosi, for veterans with spinal cord injury and their family, organized through VA.
• 9/25-28, 2014 (always last weekend Sept.), travel with MWA trip to NOC's Guest Appreciation Festival (GAF) & SE boating, NC, http://www.noc.com/noccom/festivals-a-events/gaf/
DONATIONS - Monetary donations, as well as new or gently used boating gear, for adults and children, gratefully accepted and fully tax-deductible:
boats (kayaks – recreational, white water, and inflatable; and canoes), life jackets / personal flotation devices (PFD) all sizes, paddles, oars, spray skirts, boating helmets, air bags, dry bags, straps (for boat tie down), boating cloths (i.e. neoprene, splash jackets, etc.).
We also welcome donations of snacks / food / drinks for use at our events and help making copies of our fliers.
|StL TRR Boating Skills Checklist v2.pdf||397.42 KB|
|StL TRR Volunteer roles 10-13.pdf||294.82 KB|
|StL TRR Spring Paddlefest flier 5-14 v3.pdf||301.97 KB|
|K flyer - Drost.pdf||549.48 KB|
|Swiftwater Rescue Course.pdf||1.25 MB|
|2014 SLCKC Event List.pdf||400.14 KB|
|Flatwater Races flier 8-10-14 v3.pdf||382.63 KB|