If you'd like to receive our monthly e-mail with upcoming event details, write us! StLTRR@gmail.com
UPCOMING - See our TRR St. Louis Calendar (link above) for upcoming events, which include:
• VA Pool Kayaking Sessions held 8:30-10:30am every Saturday & Tuesday, at the St Louis VA Medical Center (see location below). We are so pleased with this collaboration and comply with VA pool rules. Call Tim (see below) before coming for the 1st time. Note: the VA will close the pool for maintenance likely, Dec 12-28th. If ever in doubt about whether the pool is open, call 314-894-6644 to hear a recorded message.
Most of us share lunch afterwards (Dutch treat) at “Cafe Telegraph,” 2650 Telegraph Rd, St Louis, MO 63125, (314) 200-9952 (discount for TRR).
• Sat. 1/31/15, TRR/MWA Pool Slalom. Beginners welcome! Details will be posted here, http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/
PADDLING LAKES & RIVERS: See "Launch Sites" above for directions.
• TRR will go to the St. Francis River as much as possible, water levels & weather dependent. Join our FaceBook page (link above) for short-notice announcements. Prior experience paddling in Class II moving water required. The best white water in Missouri is the "Saint", class II-III (or IV after big rain), and mostly happens January-May. TRR can help dress you for paddling in the cold.
• Paddle Simpson Lake last Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am, weather permitting. You must call or e-mail TRR the night before if you want TRR to bring a boat & gear for you.
• March 21-22, 2015, Sat./Sun., MWA Races on the St. Francis River. Come race, help, or cheer! Details will be posted here, http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/
• April 18/19, 2015, Sat./Sun., MWA Kayaking Clinic, beginner to advanced levels. Tuition assistance available for Veterans. Details will be posted here, http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/
• June 27, 2015, Sat. 12-5:00 pm, Kayaking for A Day at Drost Park, Maryville, IL, Pavilion #1 and on Drost Lake. Come boat or help people have their first kayak experience.
• mid-July 2015, Sat., date TBD, 9-5:00 pm, St Louis Canoe & Kayak Club (SLCKC) Skills & Safety Clinic at Council Bluff Lake, Kaolin, MO. Details to come.
• August 2015, Sun., date TBD, TRR/MWA Flatwater kayak races, Simpson Lake.
• May 2015, 14-18th, Thurs.-Mon., 3rd annual TRR Paddlefest in North Central Arkansas. Beginners welcome!
• Sept. 25-27, 2015, Fri.-Sun. (always last weekend Sept.), travel with MWA trip to NOC's Guest Appreciation Festival (GAF) & SE boating, NC, http://www.noc.com/noccom/festivals-a-events/gaf/
DONATIONS - Monetary donations, as well as new or gently used boating gear, for adults and children, gratefully accepted and fully tax-deductible:
boats (kayaks – recreational, white water, and inflatable; and canoes), life jackets / personal flotation devices (PFD) all sizes, paddles, oars, spray skirts, boating helmets, air bags, dry bags, straps (for boat tie down), boating cloths (i.e. neoprene, splash jackets, etc.).
We also welcome donations of snacks / food / drinks for use at our events and help making copies of our fliers.
|StL TRR Boating Skills Checklist v2.pdf||397.42 KB|
|StL TRR Volunteer roles 10-13.pdf||294.82 KB|
|2014 SLCKC Event List.pdf||398.14 KB|