- ABOUT US
- TRR IN ACTION!
- TRR Docs and Logos
- ADAPTIVE RESOURCES
- TRR STORE
- CONTACT US
If you'd like to receive our monthly e-mail with upcoming event details, write us! StLTRR@gmail.com
Please RSVP to Tim or the StLTRR@gmail.com so we can reserve a spot for you (or come last minute if that's the way you roll).
• Tues. March 11, 2014, 11:30am til we’re done. What: TRR visiting & planning. Where: Dewey's Pizza, 122 W Lockwood Ave, Webster Groves, MO 63119. The meal is TRR’s treat, for TRR participants, a family member, volunteers, and prospective volunteers! We will visit and plan our TRR 2014 calendar and talk about the TRR national leadership clinics!
• Wed. March 12, 2014, 6:00pm til we’re done. What: TRR visiting, playing, & planning. Where: Dave & Buster's (D&B’s), 13857 Riverport Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043, (314) 209-8015. D&B’s is packed with some of the best arcade games out there, all under one roof, along with a restaurant/grill to satisfy your hunger cravings. TRR will cover a portion of meal and/or arcade expenses for TRR participants, a family member, volunteers, and prospective volunteers!
Reminder: TRR does not pay for alcohol.
Belleville YMCA – Newest TRR Kayak Pool sessions at the East Belleville YMCA, Illinois. We have two more of these pool sessions this spring--Sundays, 3:30-5:30 pm., March 23rd & April 13th, 2014 (then TRR will focus on outside paddling).
Who: all boaters, any age & skill level, vets & service members, their family, and volunteers (friendly cheer-leaders & instructors). See attached flier below, "launch site" #1 above, and link to calendar above. Alpine Shop provides us demo boats to use, so come try out the latest!
Complete this web-based registration form,
We go for a bite afterwards, Cutter’s Bar and Grill, 239 Carlyle Ave, 62221.
Pool Kayaking Sessions held every Tuesday, 8:30-10:30am, at the St Louis VA Medical Center (see location below). We are so pleased with this collaboration and comply with VA pool rules. Call us before coming for the 1st time. Most of us share lunch afterwards (Dutch treat) at “Cafe Telegraph,” 2650 Telegraph Rd, St Louis, MO 63125, (314) 200-9952 (discount for TRR).
UPCOMING - See attached fliers (below) and our TRR St. Louis Calendar (link above) for upcoming events, which include:
• TRR will go to the St. Francis River as much as possible, water levels & weather dependent. Join our FaceBook page (link above) for short-notice announcements. The best white water in Missouri, is class II-III (or IV after big rain), is January - April. Prior experience paddling in moving water required. TRR can help dress you for paddling in the cold.
• Monthly float-stream paddles with St. Louis Canoe & Kayak Club (SLCKC). See attached document (below) and link to TRR calendar (above). The next will be 3/15/2014 Little St. Francis, Class II, for people with prior moving water experience. Same weekend and location of MWA races (see next entry).
• March, 15-16, 2014 MWA White Water Slalom & Downriver Races. Come watch, help, or compete! http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/competition?q=/competition/mwc
*** April 26-27, 2014 participate in MWA Beginner/ Intermediate White Water clinic. This can be your introduction to moving water or advanced instruction! Contact Tim if you want help with the registration fee. http://www.missouriwhitewater.org/instruction?q=/instruction/clinic ***
• Last Tues. of the month, 10:00 am, Simpson Lake, paddling. Currently suspended until weather is more cooperative-- resume early spring.
• May 15-19, 2014, TRR St. Louis 2nd Annual Spring Paddlefest, north central Arkansas. See attached flier and http://www.teamriverrunner.org/?q=node/11887
• May 23-26th, 2014 travel with MWA Beginner white water trip to the southeast (SE), based out of the Nantahala Outdoor Center (NOC), NC.
• Sat., June 28, 2014, noon to 5pm, Kayaking for a Day at Drost Park, IL. (see attached flier).
• 7/14 (dates TBD), travel with MWA Beginner/Intermediate white water trip to Colorado, based out of Salida, CO.
• 8/14 (date TBD), TRR/MWA Flatwater Sprint Races at Simpson Lake.
• 9/24-28, 2014, Veterans Outdoor Adventures (VOA), Trout Lodge, Potosi, for veterans with spinal cord injury and their family.
• 9/25-28, 2014 (always last weekend Sept.), travel with MWA trip to NOC's Guest Appreciation Festival (GAF) & SE boating, NC, http://www.noc.com/noccom/festivals-a-events/gaf/
DONATIONS - Monetary donations, as well as new or gently used boating gear, for adults and children, gratefully accepted and fully tax-deductible:
boats (kayaks – recreational, white water, and inflatable; and canoes), life jackets / personal flotation devices (PFD) all sizes, paddles, oars, spray skirts, boating helmets, air bags, dry bags, straps (for boat tie down), boating cloths (i.e. neoprene, splash jackets, etc.).
We also welcome donations of snacks / food / drinks for use at our events and help making copies of our fliers.
|Belleville YMCA flier 10-13 v2.pdf||501 KB|
|StL TRR Boating Skills Checklist v2.pdf||397.42 KB|
|StL TRR Volunteer roles 10-13.pdf||294.82 KB|
|StL TRR Spring Paddlefest flier 5-14 v3.pdf||301.97 KB|
|K flyer - Drost.pdf||549.48 KB|
|2014 SLCKC Event List.pdf||79.73 KB|